Here is what you will need:
- Download the PDF file above. Print 2 copies.
- Cut out all shapes.
- Separate shapes into 2 piles with one of each shape in each pile.
- Arrange one pile of shapes on large box. Once you are happy with the arrangement of the shapes, apply glue to attach each shape. NOTE: Be sure to apply glue all the way to the edge to prevent ripping when removing matched shapes later.
- Locate the side seams of the cereal boxes. Carefully open the boxes along the seams.
- Arrange and glue the shapes from the second pile on the inside of the cereal boxes allow to dry. NOTE: Be sure to apply glue all the way to the edge to prevent ripping when removing matched shapes later.
- Cut out glued shapes from the cereal boxes.
- Attach (2) sets of hook and loop fastening dots to each shape being careful to avoid placing them over the shape names.
- Allow to completely dry before use.
NOTE: When arranging the dots, try to have the SOFT side of the hook and loop fasteners on the shapes that your little one will be holding and the ROUGH dots on the shapes on the large box.
Game Play Ideas:
- How many shapes have (this many) sides?
- What shape is this? Where does it go?
- How many shapes starts with the letter (choose a letter)?
- Which shapes have 2 corners?
- Can you find any shapes that have no corners?
- What can you think of that is (this shape) too?
- Which shape has the most sides?
- Which shape has the least sides?
- Which shape has the longest name?
- Which shape(s) has the shortest name?
Did you try this project? Let us know how it turned out! Leave a comment with any game suggestions or tips we may have missed.